Pelvic Exercises can help with erectile dysfunction. Yes, you read it right! There are a few exercises that can prevent and treat ED in men. Men experience ED due to a lack of blood flow in the pelvic area. It makes it hard to get or maintain an erection during sex.
Studies show that pelvic floor muscle exercises can improve erectile function and help with ED in men by 34%. Pelvic floor muscles control the uterus, bladder, and bowel points. It also helps with premature ejaculation.
This article will cover five pelvic exercises that focus on strengthening the pelvic area muscles. By practicing these physical activities, you will get your erection back in weeks.
5 Pelvic Exercises for ED
1) Activating Pelvic Floor Muscles
This pelvic exercise is simple to do but is crucial. It has various sexual benefits. It helps to reduce the pain during sex. Strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Follow these steps to perform the exercise.
- Lie down on the yoga mat or any mat.
- Now, bend your knees from the upper side. Bend in a way that your feet should be flat on the ground.
- Ensure to rest your arms by the sides.
- Now, as you feel comfortable in the position, exhale and squeeze the muscles for the count of 3.
- After, inhale and release the muscles for the count of 3.
- Try to focus on the bottom pelvic muscles.
- As it is possible to mistake it with the other muscles like the buttocks, stomach, or legs.
- You can perform this exercise in sitting and standing positions, too.
- Apply the same techniques.
2) Kegel Exercises
Kegel exercises are a form of physical activity designed particularly for erectile dysfunction. To perform this pelvic exercise, you have to locate your pelvic floor exercise. You can learn everything about kegel exercise in our guide to Kegel exercise to treat ED in men.
3) Knee Fallouts
Knee fallout is an effective pelvic exercise for improving pelvic floor muscles. It is beneficial for sexual functioning. Follow these steps to perform this exercise.
- Lie down on the floor and bend your knees
- The feet should be flat on the ground, and rest your arms by the sides
- Make sure that your spine is straight and in a neutral position
- There should be a small space between the middle of the back and the floor
- Now, exhale and squeeze the muscles
- Move your one side slowly lower to the floor
- It should be lower as far as possible, but ensure not to stretch it more
- Keep your pelvis stable in the process
- Now, inhale and release the muscles
- Bring back your one side again back and bend your knees again
- Repeat this on the other side, too
- Start with 4-5 repetitions on each side, slowly build up to 10
4) Spine Foot Raise
Spine foot raise is beneficial for abdominal muscles, strengthens lower back muscles, and enhances posture. Follow these steps to get the most use of the pelvic exercise.
- Lie on the mat with your back
- Bend your knees, and your feet should be flat on the ground
- Rest your hands with hips’ width apart
- Now focus on your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles
- Lift your one leg toward your chest and then lower it slowly
- Make sure that you have control over the muscles, and they should not stretch
- Repeat this on the other side, too
5) Pelvic Curl
Pelvic curl is usual in Pilates. It helps with spinal articulation and strengthens the pelvic floor muscles for better erection. Follow these steps to perform the pelvic curl exercise.
- Lie down on the mat with your back, feet flat on the ground, and arms by the sides
- Make sure your spine is in a neutral position and there is a small space between your back and the floor
- Now exhale and focus on your pelvic floor muscles
- Move your pelvis in the upward direction, toward your belly button
- Meanwhile, press your back flat against the floor
- Lift your buttocks and push your feet on the floor
- Squeeze the buttocks while lifting it
- Your body weight should be on your shoulder
- Take three breaths and squeeze the buttocks and pelvic floor muscles
- Now slowly lower your buttocks and bring back to the initial position
- Repeat this pelvic exercise 3-4 times in the starting, and gradually increase it up to 10 repetitions.
Pelvic floor muscles are crucial for healthy erectile functioning. Practice these pelvic exercises to boost your sexual health and bring back your confidence. Lifestyle changes can help in treating ED without any side effects.
Additionally, if you have erectile dysfunction, take good care of your mental health and have a healthy diet. Consult a doctor and get diagnosed.
If you care about your sexual health, don’t miss out on our deals. Yes, we provide the best erectile dysfunction treatments online. Shop your first dose now!