A Full-fledged Roadmap for Erectile Dysfunction
Do you know that 64.97% of men suffer from anxiety and depression due to erectile dysfunction? It is a big percentage, and the biggest reason for this is that erectile dysfunction is a psychological problem. It is one of the common problems that men suffer. But there are only a few who treat it wisely.
Your daily habits are connected with the mind, but when it gets stuck on one thing, it becomes difficult to live a normal life. Erectile dysfunction directly affects your mind, which results in excessive stress and anxiety. But don’t worry we got your back. If you are suffering from ED and don’t know where to start, this blog is for you.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is an impotence of getting or keeping an erection for an extended time. It is a psychological issue that is very common in men between 40-60 years. It not only creates relationship problems, but you also lose your confidence in it.
Several factors can lead to erectile dysfunction, yet you can overcome this problem without losing your self-esteem.
Here are a few symptoms, knowing which you can diagnose whether or not you are suffering from erectile dysfunction:
- Not able to get an erection
- Difficulty in keeping an erection for a long time
- Not getting excited in bed
- Not getting satisfaction after completing a sexual intercourse
- Always getting anxious before sex
- Premature ejaculation (PE)
These symptoms can cause erectile dysfunction. Although there are chances of false alarms, if you suffer any of these multiple times, then make sure that you consult your doctor without any delay.
Causes and Risk Factors
Erectile dysfunction depends on multiple factors. It becomes ordinary with growing age. When you get sexually excited, the blood flow in your penis increases and results in an erection. But with the increment in age, the blood flow decreases and leads to erectile dysfunction.
Some risk factors could lead to sexual impotence.
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Side effects of a medication
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
Sometimes you may suffer from any other mental health disorder. The increased stress level leads to sexual impotence, and it becomes difficult to get an erection.
- No physical activity
- Regular intake of alcohol
- Unhealthy diet
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
There are various oral medications available for treating erectile dysfunction. Medicines like Tadalafil and Cialis are helpful for ED. These medicines contain some components; that help to boost the blood flow in the penis or pelvic area, which results in a strong erection.
Various generic medicines like Cenforce, Vidalista, and Fildena are very effective. These medicines are very affordable yet very powerful.
- Cenforce: Cenforce is a generic medication for treating ED. It contains Sildenafil Citrate, which releases tension in the muscles and improves blood flow. You need to take it 30 minutes to 1 hour before the sex. Cenforce comes in multiple doses.
- Fildena: Fildena is one of the most effective medicines for erectile dysfunction. It contains Sildenafil Citrate as the main component and helps to get an erection. Make sure that you consult your doctor before taking Fildena.
- Vidalista: Vidalista consists of Tadalafil as its key ingredient that allows you to get or keep an erection. It is very affordable and works very quickly. Vidalista comes in various doses, and it is recommended to consult a medical professional before taking it.
Vacuum Erection Device
The vacuum erection device is a pump that helps to get an erection for 30 minutes. This device comes in the shape of a cylinder, and you need to place it on your penis. As you pump the air into it, the blood flow in the penis increases and allows you to get an erection. As you feel the erection, you can slip off the cylinder, but the band stays.
Testosterone therapy is generally used for treating erectile dysfunction when you have mild ED. This treatment doesn’t work for severe ED. Men with low testosterone are irresponsive to the PDE5 inhibitors, and thus this therapy works for them.
In case of no response from the medication, surgical treatment is suggested by doctors. Generally, this happens when your penis doesn’t respond to the medications, or you suffer from severe ED.
The main reasons for surgical treatment include any prior pelvis surgery, physical trauma, or other medical conditions, like cancer. After doing the necessary test doctor suggests this treatment.
Ways to Avoid Erectile Dysfunction
There are some ways by which you can avoid erectile dysfunction and live a healthy sexual life without taking any drugs.
- Healthy diet: The food you eat has a direct impact on your body. So, to overcome erectile dysfunction, you can add food that provides you with stamina and makes your body healthy. A healthy diet helps to live a healthy life.
- Physical workout: Physical workout is the best way to keep your body healthy and active. Exercise helps to increase the blood flow in the body; and allows you to get an erection.
- Maintain weight: Sexual impotence is directly connected with weight. Men suffering from obesity face erectile dysfunction. To avoid that, make sure that you keep track of your weight. A maintained weight also keeps away diseases like high blood pressure or diabetes.
- Quit smoking: Smoking directly affects your blood vessels and leads to erectile dysfunction. Smoking regularly can harm your health and reduce the blood flow in the pelvic area.
Are depression and ED related?
Yes, ED and depression are connected. Erectile dysfunction is a psychological issue that can cause due to stress, anxiety, or depression. Depression directly impacts the sexual performance of men and leads to the impotence of getting an erection. If you suffer from anxiety, then consult your doctor about this.
What prescription drugs may cause ED?
There are chances that erectile dysfunction can arise due to the side effects of some other medications. As the medicines can affect the hormones of men and lead to ED. Some prescription drugs that could lead to ED include Antihypertensives, Antihistamines, Tranquilizers, Prostate cancer drugs, Muscle relaxants, and Antidepressants.
Does insurance cover erectile dysfunction?
The treatment for erectile dysfunction comes into medical treatment, and thus, insurance companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Anthem, HCSC, and Medicare, cover erectile dysfunction. Although, insurances cover some kinds of ED treatments.
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem that many men suffer from. Due to a lack of knowledge about the condition, people ignore it and lose their confidence. But it is crucial to know that this condition is something that you have nothing to be ashamed of. By following the correct processor and diagnosing it on time, you can overcome it fastly.
There are many therapies and habits by adding which in your daily life, you can avoid erectile dysfunction. Consulting a medical expert can help you in this process and assure timely recovery.